Saturday, February 18, 2012

Being lifted from the fog

Do you ever have those moments where something pops into your head, but it seems to be in a fog? I had a dream the other night that I got a tattoo of a quote, and I could pick out a few words that I recalled from the quote, but nothing more. I knew the author of the quote started with "m" but does that really narrow it down??

I swear that listening to music defogs my brain. Things that normally don't make sense to me suddenly start to make sense after listening to music for about 15 minutes or so. After 15 minutes of listening to my "Back When Life Was Easy" playlist on Spotify, the author of the quote finally jumped into my head.

I had a dream that I got the quote tattooed on my back, with a needle and rainbow thread on my wrist. (I've been contemplating adding another tattoo, but I'm still uncertain what I want, thus the basis for the dream.) So here's the quote, one that has been in my head for a few days now.

Your absence has gone through me
Like thread through a needle.
Everything I do is stitched with its color.” - W.S. Merwin

No comments: