Sunday, August 28, 2011

Stuff I'm thankful for...

Do you ever have those moments where you are suddenly and unexpectedly thankful for something? I have these moments where I'm unexplicably thankful for what seem like silly or insignificant things, but it's a legitimate moment of thankfulness. I've been cataloging these moments in my head the past few days, and here are some of the moments I've come up with:

** I'm thankful that my teachers in grade school (and even high school) made us memorize all those hymns. It comes in very handy when you're trying to wrangle two children in church while singing "I Am Trusting You Lord Jesus" and you don't miss a single word because your 1st and 2nd grade teacher made you memorize all 6 verses (except for some slight tripping-up on what used to be "thee's" and "thou's" which are now "you's" and "your's").

** I'm thankful that poop, pee, and vomit don't phase me. It makes it so much easier to be able to comfort my daughter after she "slurped" on the carpet at 1:30 a.m. instead of worrying that cleaning up vomit may in turn cause me to vomit. (On a side note: Parents, you should invest in Nature's Miracle odor neutralizing liquid. We bought it for our dog, and we've used it more for our kids and their "accidents". Works like a charm to get rid of smelly liquids that dogs and/or children may produce that end up on/in your carpet.)

** I'm thankful my kids are freaking adorable. It makes it that much easier to overlook and forgive their many and varied flaws, like throwing their quarters obnoxiously into the offering plate, creating an extremely loud clang, or taking clean (but unfolded) laundry and wiping your snotty nose on a different article of clothing.

No comments: